Saturday, July 2, 2011

Library Loot (2.4) & review copy

Library

Too Much Trouble by Tom Avery
"Get out, Emmanuel!" growled my uncle. "Take your brother and go." But where can two boys go when they're on their own, on the run, with little money or food? All 12-year-old Emmanuel knows is that he has to look after Prince. They were his father's last words to him. On the train to London, Em and Prince have no idea where they will end up - but then they meet the mysterious Mr Green and his "friends". And that's when things start to spin out of control...

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
If you had a second chance at first love . . . would you take it?

It’s been three years since Adam’s love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it . . . and three years since Mia walked out of Adam’s life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard’s rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia’s home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future—and each other.

Told from Adam’s point of view in the spare, powerful prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
With the intrigue of Memento and the romance of The Time-Traveller's Wife, Forgotten is the perfect YA novel. Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works ...Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much ...Forgotten is the story of a girl for whom yesterday is lost, today is an adventure, and tomorrow is a memory. An unforgettable read.

Review

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (29 September, HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks)
Sixteen-year-old American girl Rory has just arrived at boarding school in London when a Jack the Ripper copycat-killer begins terrorising the city. All the hallmarks of his infamous murders are frighteningly present, but there are few clues to the killer’s identity.

“Rippermania” grabs hold of modern-day London, and the police are stumped with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. In an unknown city with few friends to turn to, Rory makes a chilling discovery…

Could the copycat murderer really be Jack the Ripper back from the grave?

7 comments:

  1. I loved forgotten so so much! I really hope you do too!
    I also cant wait to see what you think of Where She Went. I'm yet to read the series but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added Too Much Toruble to my library wish-list. I will look out for your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle Forman and Maureen Johnson are brilliant authors - I hope you enjoy their books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where She Went looks like a really good book that I've seen around lately. Great mailbox! Here's my IMM! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice list of books that you received in your mailbox this week.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    Big Thanks for the mention of the book. Really hope you get to read it. Would love to hear what you think.
    Tom Avery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Such a great book you have here! I would surely share this with my friends!

    ReplyDelete