- Brennan, Sarah Rees. Demon's Lexicon
- Griffin, Paul. The Orange Houses
- Herlong, M.H. The Great Wide Sea
- Jinks, Catherine. The Reformed Vampire Support Group
- Napoli, Donna Jo. Alligator Bayou
- Small, David. Stitches: A Memoir
- Stead, Rebecca. When You Reach Me
- Stork, Francisco X. Marcelo in the Real World
- Taylor, Laini. Lips Touch: Three Times
- Walker, Sally M. Written in Bone: Buried Lives of Jamestown and Colonial Maryland.
These are the top ten from a final list of 90 which can be viewed here and the YALSA states: "The list of 90 books, drawn from 203 official nominations, is presented annually at the ALA Midwinter Meeting. The books, recommended for those ages 12-18, meet the criteria of both good quality literature and appealing reading for teens. The list comprises a wide range of genres and styles, including contemporary realistic fiction that reflects the diversity of the teen experience, nonfiction that brings to teens an awareness of the world they live in and its history, and fantastical stories told in both narrative and graphic formats."
I've not read any of these yet but have two on my TBR pile.