Monday, January 18, 2010

News: UK Razorbill Imprint

Great news in today's Bookseller about a UK Razorbill imprint from Puffin:

Puffin Books is to launch a new teen fiction list, Razorbill, in response to the growth in sales of commercial teen fiction triggered by Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series, Puffin m.d. Francesca Dow has confirmed.

The Razorbill imprint is already established at Penguin in the US and some of its titles will be included in the UK list. The companies will also seek joint acquisitions. However, Dow said that Razorbill UK would be a distinctive list in its own right. The first three titles, all debuts, will launch this summer, including The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han in June.

“Retailers are interested in teenagers and we want to develop Razorbill UK as the ‘Michael Joseph’ (the Penguin commercial fiction imprint) for teenagers,” Dow said. The list will be headed by current editorial director Amanda Punter as publisher.

Read the whole article, here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Puffin, for the great service to us, authors of fiction with teens as central characters. I liked writing my "teen fiction" books because they gave me so much freedom to write about what I wanted to write about. My new release is Angela 1: Starting Over, and if you want to know more about the book, please click on my name and follow the link to my website. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, that's great news! I look forward to seeing what the other titles are!

    ReplyDelete