Sunday, November 28, 2010

Library Loot (75), a review copy & a purchase


Library

Latest Doctor Who Magazine

Captivate by Carrie Jones (I so enjoyed Need I reserved #2 before I'd finished it)
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people becomes weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town. A turf war is imminent. The new pixie king is moving in quickly. He swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Zara isn't so sure. Despite herself, she wants to trust the new king, but there's a lot more than her relationship with boyfriend Nick at stake. It's her life - and his.

The Dead by Charlie Higson (Again I loved #1 - The Enemy)
A terrible disease is striking everyone over the age of fourteen. Death walks the streets. Nowhere is safe. Maxie, Blue and the rest of the Holloway crew aren’t the only kids trying to escape the ferocious adults who prey on them. Jack and Ed are best friends, but their battle to stay alive tests their friendship to the limit as they go on the run with a mismatched group of other kids – nerds, fighters, misfits. And one adult. Greg, a butcher, who claims he’s immune to the disease. They must work together if they want to make it in this terrifying new world. But as a fresh disaster threatens to overwhelm London, they realize they won’t all survive.

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers – and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss. She wants to be mortal again. But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things – the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven – the four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction – want their queen back . . .

Bought

Box set of the Immortals series by Alyson Noel

Review


Small Blue Thing by S C Ransom (Nosy Crow, 13 Jan)
When 17 year-old Alex rescues a swan caught on a wire stuck deep in the Thames mud, she finds an extraordinary bracelet. Through its disturbing and compelling powers, she meets Callum, a soul locked in a half-life of sadness and mystery following a terrible accident, and his persuasive and sinister sister, Catherine. As Alex and Callum grow closer despite the enormous obstacles to their love, the dangers mount until Alex must risk everything to save her best friend and Callum must risk everything to save Alex.

11 comments:

  1. Great book week. I love The Immortals series. Wow you got Small Blue Thing - sounds so good. Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to read the immortals series I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to check out my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover on Infinite Days! I bought the first 4 of the Immortals series for my Kindle a few weeks ago. I haven't got to them yet but they look great! Enjoy your library loot :)

    PS I've just done my IMM post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That box set looks awesome! I might just have to buy it but I already have three of the books! Small Blue Thing sounds fantastic, will have to watch out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. doctor who magazine? Where have I been?

    and The Dead looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week, Captivate sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you love Captivate. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great IMM! Have fun reading!

    Have you seen my 350 Page Books Challenge for 2011? You should sign up!

    http://whatsyourstorybookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/350-page-books-2011-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all look great! I have Infinite Days and still need to read it! I enjoyed Need, too, but i haven't gotten around to reading Captivate. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Need and Captivate. I can't wait to hear what you think of Captivate. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read the Immortals series, but I hadn't heard about Need or Captivate -- now I have to add those to my list!

    ReplyDelete